- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese + more for topping
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce + more for topping
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 390F. Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onions until softened.
- Combine all the ingredients into the bowl of your food processor and mix until completely combined. Be careful not to over-mix - you don't want gloopy burgers, you want thick, chunky burgers packed with texture. Form the mixture into 6 burgers.
- Lay the burgers on a baking tray and bake for around 30 minutes, or until crispy and golden on the outside.
Recipe adapted from How Sweet it is
Papas arrugadas is a hugely popular dish in the Canaries served with the mouthwateringly-good red and green mojo sauces. And a small pot of creamy aioli, if you’re lucky. Whether you eat them on their own with the previously mentioned sauces or use them as a crowd-pleasing side dish to go with something awesome like Adeje chicken, everyone loves Canarian potatoes. And when you find our just how quick, easy and cheap they are to make at home – you’ll be eating them at every meal!