There’s no doubt about it. Fall is definitely one of my favorite seasons ever ever ever.
In Tenerife, we don’t really get seasons – so much so that the island is often marketed as ‘The Island of Eternal Spring’. Although whoever thinks 100°F+ in August is spring weather, I’ve no idea. I’m always eager to travel somewhere in northern Europe during fall, just so I can see the golden hues of the leaves in the trees and feel the crispness in the air.
Another one of my ultimate favorite things has got to be sangria. Whenever I don’t know what to drink, I normally opt for sangria. Yeah, it makes me look like a complete tourist, but I don’t care. I’ve rarely experienced a bad glass of Sangria – even the stuff that comes out of a carton here is good!
So what better way to celebrate my favorite season by serving my favorite drink? I swapped the traditional fruit salad mix of fruits for typical fall fruits and added a touch warm spice to make it the ideal drink to snuggle up with on a chilly night.
- 3 cups red wine
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau or triple sec
- 2 tablespoons cranberry liqueur
- 2 cups lemonade
- 1/2 orange chopped into segments
- 1/2 apple chopped into segments
- Pour the red wine into a sangria jug and stir in the mixed spice and powdered sugar until dissolved.
- Add the Cointreau, cranberry liqueur, lemonade and fruit.
- Stir well and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour for the flavors to develop.
Here are the link parties I link up to.