Is there anything better than having a giant chocolate chip cookie all to yourself? Right now I can’t think of anything better, but that might be because I really do have this giant pumpkin chocolate chip cookie in my hand right now and it’s mine, all mine!
This pumpkin chocolate chip cookie is so easy to make and quick to come together that you’ve got absolutely no excuse not to run into the kitchen right now and whip one up. In fact, the baking process is so quick and easy that you’ll struggle more to find an excuse not to bake one of these cookies! Simply dump half of the ingredients into a small bowl and mix. Dump the other half into the bowl and mix again. Spread the mix onto a baking tray and wait for a few minutes for it to bake – this is the hardest part!
After 30 minutes of ingredient-stirring and cookie-dough-watching-through-the-oven-door, you’ll have yourself a fresh-from-the-oven warm cookie, lightly spiced with cinnamon and loaded with melted chocolate chips to devour. If there was ever an autumn-themed hug in the form of a snack, this is it!
Please ignore the fact that my baby blue nail varnish does not match the orange of the cookie or the pumpkin puree. But I had to include a couple of hand shots, so I could show you just how big this cookie really is. If I hold it in the palm of my hand, it covers my whole palm! But that doesn’t make for a very interesting photo. So I decided to snap the cookie in half, simultaneously showing you how drool-worthy the texture is and showing you how you could totally divide the cookie in two and save half for later if you’ve got incredible self-control.
That’s what I genuinely intended to do with this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie, but after my first bite there was no way I was saving the second half for later. Instead of a crisp, crumbly cookie, this snack has more of a muffin or cake-like texture. It’s soft, light, fluffy and chewy – everything you want for a comforting autumn snack! But it gets even better. If you store the cookie at room temperature or eat it warm from the oven, the chocolate chips will still be melted and you’ll get pools of molten milk chocolate in every mouthful. SO GOOD!
The only bad thing about this giant pumpkin chocolate chip cookie is that I wished I’d discovered it earlier! We’re getting toward the end of autumn now and before you know it, everything will be peppermint, eggnog and mulled wine flavoured in time for Christmas. So do yourself (and your taste buds!) a huge favour and make at least one of these giant pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sometime in the next couple of weeks!
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons olive/vegetable/canola oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C and grease or line a small baking tray.
- In a very small bowl, beat together both sugars, vanilla extract, oil, egg yolk and pumpkin puree.
- Add in the ground cinnamon, flour, baking powder and chocolate chips and stir until a smooth, thin batter forms.
- Scoop the batter out onto the baking tray and spread it out into a large circle about the diameter of your hand span.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for around 15 minutes, until the edges are dark brown and the top is spongy.
- Let the cookie sit on the hot baking tray for about 10 minutes (it will continue to cook during this time) before eating.
Here are the link parties I link up to. Come and party with me!