One of the Christmas Eve traditions we have around here is snuggling up on the sofa together under a blanket whilst watching a Christmas film and drinking hot chocolate. In previous years we have opted for a sachet bought from the store, but since I have been experimenting with drink recipes this year, I thought we’d mix it up a bit and try a special homemade recipe.
This is where Mars hot chocolate comes in! Can you think of anything better than a rich and smooth hot chocolate laced with caramel, nougat and even more delicious chocolate? Think of this as my early Christmas present to you and I hope you have an amazing Christmas Eve full of magic and hot chocolate!
Mars Hot Chocolate
- 1 mug-ful of milk
- 4 pieces mini Mars bars chopped into
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- whipped cream and sprinkles for topping
- Pour the milk, Mars bars, sugar and hot cocoa mix into a saucepan and heat. Gently whisk the mixture until the Mars bars are melted.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into a mug and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Here are the link parties I link up to.