Super-soft and chewy with the most delicious chunks of gooey, melted chocolate chunks, these 3 ingredient banana cookies are so good you'll be glad they're only 73 calories each! You only need 1 bowl and 20 minutes to make them and they taste so ah-maz-zing you'll find yourself baking a fresh batch every single day!
Since I've been trying to cut down on sugar, bananas have been playing a huge role in my life. It's true what they say, you know. When you cut down on sugar, all sweet things start tasting sweeter. These cookies are based on my healthy banana egg pancakes (which don't have any sugar in, either). If you like those pancakes, I promise you'll fall head over heels in love with these 3 ingredient banana cookies!
The recipe makes just 3 cookies and each one is only 73 calories. Don't you just love it when things taste amazing and they're low calorie? I really like small-batch recipes because I'm constantly eyeing up new recipes I want to make. And if I made a full batch of everything, I'd be constantly surrounded by sweet treats. Would that really be a bad thing?
What I'm trying to say is that this recipe makes just 3 cookies. If you want more cookies, you can easily double, triple or quadruple the ingredients. Simples!
How to customise these 3 ingredient banana cookies to make them even better!
One of the best things about these 3 ingredient banana cookies is that they're made with...well, just 3 ingredients! But if you want to jazz them up a little, here are some ideas of extras you can add in:
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of raisins (for a healthy oatmeal raisin cookie!)
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons of PB2 for a peanut butter taste without the fat and calories
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate PB2 for incredible double chocolate peanut butter cookies
Things I recommend to make these 3 ingredient banana cookies
|Rolled Oats||Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips||PB2||Non-Stick Baking Mat|
P.S. What will you mix into your 3 ingredient banana cookies? Leave me a comment and let me know!
3 Ingredient Banana Cookies
- 1 medium ripe banana (around 2.6oz/75g)
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats
- 0.9oz/25g unsweetened chocolate (chopped into small chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana with a fork until completely smooth then stir in the oats and chocolate.
- Evenly divide the mix into 3. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten into a cookie shape. These cookies hardly spread, so make them the size and shape you want to eat.
- Place the cookies on the lined baking tray and bake for 14 minutes, until golden brown on the edges.