BBQ Cheddar Chickpea Burgers
- ½ onion finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped broccoli
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 2 cups chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar cheese + more for topping
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce + more for topping
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- pinch salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 390F. Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onions until softened.
- Combine all the ingredients into the bowl of your food processor and mix until completely combined. Be careful not to over-mix - you don't want gloopy burgers, you want thick, chunky burgers packed with texture. Form the mixture into 6 burgers.
- Lay the burgers on a baking tray and bake for around 30 minutes, or until crispy and golden on the outside.