Forget about ordering in a pizza or pulling one out the freezer next time you're craving something savory, crunchy and cheesy. Satisfy those Italian hunger pangs without piling on the pounds or spending hours in the kitchen with this BBQ chicken naan bread pizza healthy version! It's got all the amazing texture of a thin crust pizza and all the deep flavor of BBQ chicken for a fraction of the calories you'd get in a standard pizza.
Pizza is my guilty pleasure when it comes to fast food. Food-wise, there's nothing I love more than picking up a slice of pizza, covered in melted mozzarella, sweet tomato sauce and a sprinkling of chili flakes and really going to town. But because of excessive amounts of sauce, toppings and cheese, just one slice of pizza can easily be 400-500 calories. And who can stop at just one slice?
Sometimes it's not just the toppings that add on the calories, but the portion size. I was in Miami recently (today is my first day back at work - sad face!) and we stopped by Groovy's Pizza for a pizza lunch. I thought $6-$7 for a slice of pizza was pretty steep. Then I saw the size of the slices. Each one was literally the size of an individual pizza. My boyfriend and I ordered just one slice between us and barely managed it!
Because it tastes oh-so-good, pizza is one of the easiest things to over-eat. Unless you make your own at home! This BBQ chicken naan bread pizza healthy version makes one individual pizza that comes in at 400-600 calories, depending on how big your naan bread is and the ingredients you use. Pair it with a mixed salad and you've got yourself a healthy lunch or dinner that will leave you feeling satisfied and smiling.
Not only is this BBQ chicken naan bread pizza healthy version lower in calories than a standard pizza, but it's also much cheaper than pizzas you can buy from the supermarket or your local takeout place. Plus, you can prep it and cook it quicker than the delivery guy can get to your door or you can get to the store and back. A quick, healthy weeknight meal that everyone will love? Yes please!
BBQ Chicken Naan Bread Pizza Healthy Version
- 1 garlic naan bread
- 2+1 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cooked chicken breast shredded or diced
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C and spread 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce on one side of the naan bread.
- Toss the sliced onion in the olive oil and cook in the microwave for 1 minute, until soft. Scatter the onion and chicken breast over the naan bread.
- Sprinkle over the shredded mozzarella cheese and bake at the top of the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt and the naan bread is crisp.
- Optional: drizzle over an extra 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce before slicing and serving.
Pin BBQ Chicken Naan Bread Pizza Healthy Version on Pinterest: