Seriously, delete all the other healthy cheesecake recipes you've ever had because this easy skinny cheesecake recipe really is the best in the world. It's deliciously rich, lusciously creamy and it's got that heavenly buttery graham cracker crust that really makes a cheesecake a proper cheesecake. And all this for hardly any fat, sugar or calories. This really is a recipe you'll want to keep forever!
When I first developed this recipe, I never thought it was going to be as good as it is. The worst part a low-calorie cheesecake is using low-fat cream cheese. This ingredient can often leave a weird, dry taste in your mouth. To counteract this undesirable effect, I use tangy, creamy fat-free yogurt. The result? Better than I could ever have hoped for ever, ever, ever!
Actually, no. The worst part about an easy skinny cheesecake isn't the low-fat cream cheese. It's the base. I've seen everything from cheesecake bases made from crushed nuts to oats. Believe me, I've tried every single healthy cheesecake base there is and I've come to the conclusion that there simply isn't one. When it comes to skinny cheesecakes, simply skip the crust or scale down a normal graham cracker crust. Those are the only two options for something that actually tastes like a real cheesecake.
I've been writing my whole life, but I don't think I can even begin to tell you how much I love this easy skinny cheesecake. The crust is perfect - just the right amount of sweet with a wonderful buttery flavor and the perfect crumble. But it's nothing compared to the filling. Imagine the most amazing baked and no-bake cheesecake hooked up and had a baby. This cheesecake is what that baby would turn out like!
So let's see. This easy skinny cheesecake has got the perfect textures and the most amazing flavors. What else is there about it that you could possibly want to know? Oh yes, the most important part. It's healthy! Each slice (and I'm talking about a big, proper slice) comes in at just 250 calories and the whole thing has a lot less sugar and fat in than your standard cheesecake. But that doesn't mean you can double up on slices. Portion control!
This easy skinny cheesecake recipe has still got some sugar and some fat in, which is why I've deemed it "skinny" and not "healthy". If you're looking for an even healthier cheesecake, try my Healthy 160-Calorie Cheesecake (it's packed with protein) or better still, my 100-Calorie No-Bake Calorie Cheesecake (served up in super-fancy champagne glasses).
Cheesecake is a hugely popular dessert and with this recipe, you don't need to miss out if you're watching what you eat. Since the cheesecake only spends 60 minutes in the oven, it's light and fluffy on the outside like an ordinary baked cheesecake and slightly underdone and creamy on the inside, just like a no-bake cheesecake. It really is the best of both worlds - not bad for an easy skinny cheesecake recipe, right?
The Best Ever Easy Skinny Cheesecake
for the base
- 1.5 oz / 40g Graham Crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter
for the cheesecake
- 8 oz / 240g low-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup fat-free yogurt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C. Place the graham crackers into a food processor and process until they've completely broken down into fine crumbs.
- Put the butter into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 60 seconds or until melted. Stir the melted butter into the cookie crumbs until it's been totally absorbed.
- Scoop the buttery cookie crumbs into a 12cm/5" round greased cake pan and press down firmly with the back of a dessert spoon to form the base. Set to one side.
- Quickly rinse out the inside of the food processor and add in the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and vanilla extract. Process for 60 seconds until combined.
- Crack in the egg and pulse 3-4 times until it's just incorporated. Don't over-mix or the cheesecake will crack in the oven.
- Scoop the cheesecake filling on top of the base and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off but leave the door closed and leave the cheesecake inside for a further 30 minutes.
- After a total of 60 minutes, remove the cheesecake from the oven and leave on the counter for at least 4 hours to cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours before cutting into 6 slices.
Pin the best ever easy skinny cheesecake recipe on Pinterest: