Whether or not your New Year’s resolution is to try more healthy recipes this year, you need these double chocolate cheesecake overnight oats in your life! Not only are they packed full of fibre to keep you full until lunchtime at least, but they also taste delicious. If you close your eyes and savour a mouthful, you could easily trick yourself into thinking you’re indulging in a rich and creamy slice of chocolate cheesecake instead of a healthy breakfast.
Whilst I tend to go for piping hot healthy oatmeal recipes, like cookie dough oatmeal and lemon white chocolate oatmeal in the chilly winter months, a jar of overnight oats is one of my all-time favourite breakfast recipes – even if they are served cold! In fact, I love them so much that I don’t just have them for breakfast, I can often be found working my way through a large jar at my desk for lunch or even snuggled up on the sofa watching TV with a jar for dinner!
This is the second of my overnight oats recipes that I’ve posted on the blog so far (the first was double chocolate raspberry overnight oats) and to this day, it’s definitely my favourite flavour combination. It can be a tad rich sometimes, but if you often wake up in the morning with a full-on chocolate craving, this overnight oats recipe will definitely leave you feeling satisfied and not guilty in the slightest!
I use fat-free sugar-free yogurt, skimmed milk and fat-free cream cheese in this recipe, whilst results in the whole thing coming in at around 350 calories, which is definitely a healthy count for breakfast. You can, of course, use full-sugar, full-fat substitutes, but keep in mind that the calorie count will be higher.
If you’re determined to eat better this year, good for you! Here are some more healthy breakfast recipes for inspiration:
- Gooey Breakfast brownie
- Chocolate granola
- Oatmeal pancakes
- Breakfast berry pizza
- Deep-dish breakfast cookie
Apart from healthy eating, what other New Year’s Resolutions are you hoping to achieve this year?
Double Chocolate Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup natural or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the oats, cocoa powder, sugar and chocolate chips until everything is well combined.
- Add in the yogurt and milk and stir again until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Drop the cream cheese into the bowl in small dollops about the size of your smallest fingernail and stir again. Don't be too rough - you don't want to break up the cream cheese dollops.
- Scoop the mixture into a small jar and place in the fridge overnight or at least eight hours.
- When you're ready to eat, add a splash of milk if the oats are too solid and enjoy cold.
Here are the link parties I link up to. Come and party with me!