A crisp and golden brown tortilla stuffed full of smoky bacon, a soft lightly-fried egg and melted cheddar cheese. No matter how much you hate mornings, the idea of tucking into this easy breakfast quesadilla is bound to get you jumping out of bed as soon as your alarm goes off!
When it comes to savoury breakfast recipes, there are three things which should always be present: eggs, bacon and cheese. Don’t you think? Whether it’s in a quiche, a sandwich or a breakfast casserole, if these three magical ingredients are involved, the result is going to be amazing. And that’s exactly what this easy breakfast quesadilla is – amazing!
Made from just four simple, wholesome ingredients (Extra points for you if you make your own whole wheat tortillas! You can use my recipe for easy vegan whole wheat tortillas if you’re up for the challenge) this breakfast quesadilla comes together in just 20 minutes, making it totally fast enough to whip up on a morning before work, school or the gym!
Even if you haven’t got 20 minutes spare in the morning (wake up 20 minutes earlier – it will totally be worth it!) you can save this recipe and use it as a breakfast for dinner dish when you have got time to spend in the kitchen.
One easy breakfast quesadilla comes in at about 440 calories. That’s less than 1/4 of calories the average person needs per day. I’ve told you before how I’m all about eating your biggest meal at breakfast to fuel the rest of your day and this easy breakfast quesadilla recipe is a great way to do it. Okay, so this breakfast dish might not be packed full of vitamins and minerals, but it’s got plenty of protein, calcium and fibre to power you through the morning and is indulgent enough to feel like a real treat you can enjoy even on a weekday morning.
Easy Breakfast Quesadilla
- 2 slices bacon fat removed
- 0.5 oz /15g cheddar cheese
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 egg
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the bacon to your liking.
- While the bacon is cooking, grate the cheese and sprinkle it all over the tortilla.
- When the bacon is cooked, lie it on one half of the tortilla.
- Crack the egg into the pan in which you cooked the bacon. There should be just enough fat leftover to cook the egg and make sure it doesn't stick. Cook the egg to your liking. When cooked, use a spatula to transfer the egg from the pan on top of the bacon.
- Fold the tortilla in half and place back in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown.