Anything gooey and cheesy in our house is almost always a favourite, and this enchilada casserole is no exception. It’s so easy to make and is great for banging together on the weekend and throwing in the freezer for a great – if not so healthy – weeknight dinner.
Serve with corn on the cob and home-made salsa and you have yourself the perfect Mexican meal for two!
½ chopped onion
50g kidney beans
3 flour tortillas
50g sweet corn
100g grated Mexican cheese
2 tbsp taco seasoning – homemade works best my favourite is from Simply Scratch.
1. Brown the mince in a frying pan for around 10 minutes and drain away any liquid. Add the onion and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the salsa, kidney beans, sweet corn and taco seasoning.
3. Preheat the oven to 190C and spoon 1/3 of the meat mixture into a baking tray. Sprinkle with a little grated cheese and top with a tortilla. Chop up the tortilla to make it fit if you have to.
4. Repeat the previous step twice more and top with a generous amount of grated cheese.
5. Bake for around 20 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.