Boy, oh boy do I have an awesome treat for you today! Put down your toast, cereal or whatever else you're having for breakfast and get to work on making this healthy breakfast cookie! Loaded with heart-healthy oats, peanut butter and Greek yogurt, this easy-to-make and high-protein breakfast really does taste like dessert and is filling enough to keep you going way beyond lunch!
I've said it loads of times before and I'll say it again. The best healthy breakfasts in the world are the ones that taste like dessert. The ones that when you take the first mouthful you're genuinely shocked that you're eating something low in calories and high in nutrition. Just like these chocolate chip cookie dough overnight oats, this healthy breakfast cookie honestly tastes so good that you'll swear you accidentally made yourself a naughty mug cake instead of a wholesome breakfast.
That's right - this awesome healthy breakfast cookie is made in the microwave in just 1 minute! Stir the basic 7 ingredients together, scoop it into a cute ramekin (I love these ones. They're the perfect size for microwave mug desserts!) and bang it in the microwave for 60 seconds. Bish, bash, bosh and you've got yourself the best healthy breakfast ever!
If you've ever tried an oatmeal mug dessert before, you might be pretty sceptical about the texture of this healthy breakfast cookie and think it might be more like gloopy oatmeal than a cookie. But look at that beautiful specimen above. Does that look like oatmeal to you? Nope!
The whole wheat flour in this recipe makes a huge difference to the texture. It really is like a perfect blend between a dense and chewy oatmeal cookie and a light and fluffy chocolate chip cupcake. And what else could you want in a healthy breakfast?
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar can substitute sweetener
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- In a small bowl stir together the oats, flour, baking soda, sugar and chocolate chips. Mix in the peanut butter and Greek yogurt until totally combined.
- Scoop the batter into a lightly greased 1-cup ramekin. I love these ones. Cook in the microwave for 60 seconds, until spongey but there's still a small gooey bit on the top.
- Leave for a few minutes to cool slightly before eating.