Raise your hand if you love pancakes. That was everyone, right? I knew it! I’ve never ever come across someone who didn’t love pancakes. If you’re not a fan of the breakfast treat, then you’re welcome to hang around, but you’re not going to fit in with the cool kids.
I don’t fit in with the cool kids either, so we’ll probably get along just fine. If you follow Pink Recipe Box in any way, shape or form, you’ll probably know that I love incorporating oats into everything. Breakfast, cookies, cookie dough, bread, donuts, dips, pies and even frozen yoghurt, so it was only a matter of time until I put oats in pancakes, you know?
Pancakes are one of my many favourite breakfast dishes. I love having them sweet and smeared with Nutella, but I also love having the savoury and smothering them with bacon and fried eggs. How do you like your pancakes? However you like your pancakes, I think one thing we’ll definitely agree on is our hatred of that stuffed, bloated, tired feeling you sometimes get after eating one too many
batches of pancakes, right?
Thanks to the list of ingredients which includes oats and yoghurt, you don’t get a bad feeling with these pancakes. Just a happy feeling and a full tummy. Although that’s only after two pancakes – I can’t vouch for how you’ll feel if you down a whole batch of these. But if you do happen to eat an entire batch of these healthy oatmeal pancakes, leave me a message and let me know how it turns out, won’t you?
Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- Place the oats into a large bowl and pour the milk on top. Leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of pancake mix each time and cook in a greased skillet over a medium-high heat, flipping when air bubbles burst through the top of the pancake.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
Here are the link parties I link up to. Come and party with me!