Healthy oatmeal cookies with the most incredible chewy texture, studded with tart cranberries and sweet white chocolate, these healthy white chocolate cranberry cookies are so good you should go ahead and add them onto your ultimate Christmas recipe list right now. In permanent marker. Don't worry - I'll wait right here for you.
Speaking of Christmas recipe lists...do you have one? I love trying new recipes, so I always add a million and one onto my Pinterest Christmas board each year. But when it comes to actually making Christmas food, I always stick to the same stuff. A batch of Starbucks-copycat cranberry bliss bars, a tray of the most amazing honey-roasted carrots and parsnips, a glass of winter snowflake cocktail...I always revert to the same classics time and time again.
I think it's because we always have a "mini Christmas" when my mother-in-law comes to visit in late November and I want to stick to the winning recipes I know she loves. One time she came round I pushed the boat out and made some kind of tropical squid balls a la Jamie Oliver. They were so dreadful even I couldn't eat them and we all hand toast for dinner. Which is definitely saying something since I rarely turn down food.
So I never have to re-live the horror of that evening, I stick to the classics. And now I've discovered this omg-yes recipe, these healthy white chocolate cranberry cookies are definitely going to be one Christmas treat I make again and again. They're based on my recipe for the best ever healthy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, which pretty much says it all, right?
One thing I love about Christmas is how it gets everyone baking and cooking. Even those who normally think a microwave meal is a bit beyond their skill level. And seriously, these white chocolate cranberry cookies are oh-so easy to make, that you'll be able to whip up a perfect batch, no matter how bad you are in the kitchen.
Put the dry ingredients in the bowl. Mix in the wet ingredients. Chop up the chocolate (I always use Lindt White Chocolate - it's pure heaven!) and cranberries. Mix them in. Form into balls. Bake. And (the best bit) eat!
Healthy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5oz/70g white chocolate
- 1oz/30g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a medium-size bowl, stir together the oats, flour, baking soda, both sugars and cinnamon.
- Pour in the melted butter, milk and vanilla and stir until a dry dough forms.
- Roughly chop up the white chocolate and dried cranberries and stir them into the batter.
- Divide the batter into 16 pieces (that's about 1 tablespoon per piece) and roll each piece into a ball. Lightly flatten each ball between your hands and evenly space out onto the lined baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 14 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown. (Don't leave them in any longer, otherwise they'll burn!) Leave the cookies to cool to room temperature on the baking tray before eating or storing inside a plastic container.