You know what happens when you have a tub full of yogurt that’s going to go off any minute now and a handful of limes which are at the point of turning? Key lime pie frozen yogurt pops!
So….I kinda forgot to add green food coloring into the mix so instead of a zingy lime green color, these pops are more of a shade of vanilla, but by the time I realized that, it was too late. Never mind – they tasted just as good! I love citrus flavors so much and the minute spring comes around the corner, I try and squeeze a little bit of citrus into absolutely everything – sweet and savory stuff.
This recipe is the latest in my springy zingy flavor collection and it will definitely be one that I come back to time and time again! What’s your favorite citrus-inspired dessert?
Key Lime Pie Frozen Yogurt Pops
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- juice of four limes
- green food coloring
- melted chocolate for dipping optional
- Stir together the plain yogurt, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and a couple of drops of green food coloring.
- Pour into molds and leave to freeze overnight.
- If you want to dip them into chocolate, remove them from their molds and dip the tips into melted chocolate. place on a plate or tray and put them back in the freezer to set.
Here are the link parties I link up to.