Imagine waking up in the morning to a healthy and delicious breakfast already made for you that tastes so incredible you'd swear you're eating a naughty dessert and not a nutritious breakfast! Nope, you haven't died and gone to heaven. You've just spent 5 minutes the night before making these lemon, raspberry and coconut overnight oats!
I'm a huge fan of overnight oats (hey, I wrote an entire recipe ebook about them) and during summer, they're pretty much the only thing I ever eat for breakfast. I mean they're fast (just 5 minutes of prep the night before), they're chilled (perfect for cooling down after a morning workout) and they really do taste like a yummy dessert! Even if you're not bothered about quick and easy recipes or keeping cool during summer, being able to eat something as sweet and exciting as dessert for breakfast should definitely win you over!
I've only recently started getting into shredded coconut and let me tell you, this stuff is amazing! It doesn't add a super coconutty taste to these overnight oats, but instead creates the most amazing smooth and creamy texture which you won't get any other way. If you really hate coconut and you're worried about the taste, try these Lemon Raspberry Overnight Oats instead. I would suggest you just bite the bullet and make this recipe so you can experience the omgwow creamy texture. But if you hate coconut, I'm guessing you probably don't have a packet of the shredded stuff lying around. And I'm not going to ask you to go to the store to buy something you're only going to use once. #wastenotwantnot
I've been asked this a few time by readers and I just want to clarify - you eat overnight oats cold straight from the fridge in the jar you made them in. That's why they're so great! If the idea of super cool and delicious oatmeal freaks you oat (please, please, please just try it first!) you can scoop the oats out of the jar and heat them up for a bit in the microwave to take the chill off, but the results won't be anywhere near as good (or pretty!)
What's your favourite summer breakfast? Maybe you can convert me!
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tablespoon organic chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon stevia powder
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- ⅓ cup fat-free sugar-free yogurt
- 8 raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- Place the oats, chia seeds, stevia powder, shredded coconut, milk, yogurt and raspberries into a bowl and stir to combine.
- In the bottom of your jar (I love these jars which come with their own cute spoons!) spread 1 tablespoon of lemon curd.
- Scoop over half the overnight oats mixture and spread the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon curd on top.
- Pour over the rest of the overnight oats mixture, screw the lid on the jar and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours to chill and for the oats to soften.