Get ready for the ultimate healthy breakfast recipe that’s going to change your life! Wholesome, filling oats mixed with tangy Greek yogurt, topped with rich, creamy lemon curd and tart, fruity raspberries. Seriously, these lemon raspberry overnight oats taste so good you’ll think you’re eating dessert, not a nutritious breakfast!
I love chocolate. Even for breakfast. And while I eat chocolate chip cookie dough overnight oats and black forest overnight oats all the time, my tastes totally change around summer. As soon as it’s beach season, my love of chocolate almost dwindles to nothing and is replaced by an obsession for everything tangy, citrus-y and zesty.
Which is what these lemon raspberry overnight oats are all about. Sure the oatmeal base is pure comfort food, but it’s chilled overnight. So you don’t feel like you’re digging into a great big bowl of winter-perfect oatmeal that’s going to leave to feeling stuffed all morning. Instead, your savoring a delicate medley of cool and creamy oats, ripe tangy raspberries and velvet-smooth lemon curd.
So even if you’re a 100% dedicated chocolate lover, you’re still going to fall head over tails for these lemon raspberry overnight oats. I don’t actually have any first-hand experience of non-chocolate-lovers. But just like there are people out there who don’t love avocado, there are probably also people out there who would choose peanut butter over Nutella. Potato chips over a chocolate bar. And coffee over hot chocolate. If you fall into that category, today’s recipe is dedicated to you.
Loaded with fruity flavours, wholesome ingredients and gorgeous textures, these lemon raspberry overnight oats are perfect for anyone who wants a sweet treat in the morning but can’t stomach chocolate at that early time of day.
Healthy Lemon Raspberry Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (can substitute artificial or natural sweetener)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (can substitute natural or vanilla yogurt)
- 1/3 cup skimmed milk (can substitute any milk)
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1/4 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- In a small bowl, stir together the oats, sugar, yogurt and milk. Place into a sealed container and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours to chill.
- When you're ready to eat, scoop the oats into a serving bowl and top with lemon curd and raspberries.