Summer weekends are just the best, aren't they? Do you know what turns a great summer weekend into an amazing summer weekend? A BBQ with all your friends and family. Alongside this lightened up potato salad, of course.
Now, that's not exactly how I spent my weekend, in fact it's not even close. My Official Treat Taster's mom is staying here for a week on holiday and we spent the whole day with her. Although it didn't involve a BBQ or even this to-die-for potato salad, it did include plenty of card games, chatting, sangria and food. Catch-ups are always so much better when there's good food and drink, right?
So, with summer pretty much already here, you're probably starting to think about BBQs and inviting your friends and family round. What about if some of your friends and family (or maybe you) are trying to watch your calorie intake? You can't just eat a steak and salad at a BBQ - I'm pretty sure that violates every unspoken and unwritten BBQ rule. If you don't want your guests (or yourself) to miss out, make this lightened up potato salad! Fat-free yogurt replaces the mayo, meaning there is almost no fat, so throw another burger on your plate and start enjoying!
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 onions
- ¼-1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Wash your potatoes (I always leave the skin on, but you can peel them if you like) and chop into small chunks. Place in a saucepan of boiling water and boil for around 15 minutes, or until just soft enough for you to stick a sharp knife in.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, dice the onions and fry in a tiny bit of oil for around 10-15 minutes, or until they're just how you like them.
- Throw the potatoes, onions, garlic powder, onion powder and rosemary into a large bowl. Scoop in ¼ cup of yogurt and toss until everything is well coated. Taste and add salt, pepper and more yogurt to your liking.
- Serve immediately or leave in the fridge to cool before serving.