I’ve discovered something amazing that I’ve absolutely got to share with you right this minute – no churn ice cream. Forget about fancy ice cream recipes that require ice cream machines (except maybe this lemon meringue pie ice cream recipe, because it’s amazing) no-churn ice cream is where it’s at. And better yet – you only need two simple ingredients to make it. Crazy, right?
For the base of this no churn ice cream recipe you need to whip some heavy cream and then stir in some condensed milk – that’s it! With a base as simple and versatile as this, you can make loads of no churn ice cream flavours, like no churn blackberry chip ice cream or no churn lavender honeycomb ice cream. All you need to do is whip up your base and stir in the mix-ins of your choice. Graham Cracker or Digestive crumbs, chocolate chips and micro marshmallows, in the case of this s’mores ice cream recipe.
You know what makes this no churn ice cream recipe even better? The super-cute plastic cones it comes served in! I don’t like the taste of ice cream cones, but I love having my ice cream served in them instead of the dumpy tubs with pointless plastic spoons. So these plastic cones are the perfect solution. Plus – they make your ice cream come out in pretty swirly shapes which you would have seen if I hadn’t taken so long to photograph these ice creams.
I cannot get over how delicious this ice cream is. The super soft and creamy texture (which you’ve created without even looking at an ice cream machine!) is punctuated with bites of rich chocolate, gooey marshmallows which soak up the ice cream and go all puffy, and finally buttery, crumbly cookie which just tops the whole thing off. Delish!
What’s your favourite flavour of ice cream?
No-Churn S’mores Ice Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 7 oz / 200g condensed milk
- 1/4 cup crushed Graham Cracker or Digestive crumbs
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips plus extra for decorating
- 1/4 cup micro marshmallows plus extra for decorating
- Pour the heavy cream into a bowl and whip until you've made a thick whipped cream. Stir in the condensed milk.
- Stir in the Graham Cracker/Digestive crumbs, chocolate chips and micro marshmallows.
- Evenly divide the mixture between four ice cream molds. You'll probably have a little extra which you'll need to store in a small container.
- Pop the ice cream molds and container into the freezer and leave for at least 8 hours to set.
- Before serving, remove the plastic from the ice cream molds and roll the ice cream in some extra chocolate chips and micro marshmallows before serving.
Linking up to these link parties.