I thought I’d make up for missing last Friday’s drink post by sharing an AMAZING dessert recipe with you today. These ooey-gooey brownies are sandwiches between a rich and buttery layer of Graham cracker crumbs and a sweet and sugary layer of toasted marshmallows.
You know what? This is the first time I’ve had s’mores this summer. I can’t believe I made it over half way through August without having even one teeny tiny s’more! When I think about it, these aren’t even really s’mores, but I’m pretty sure they’re close enough, right? I always say that s’mores are more fall food than summer food.
In summer, it’s waaay too hot to go camping here. As I type, all the forest areas are closed off because forest fires are popping up all over the place. Plus, when it’s 100F+ out, it’s way too hot to toast marshmallows over a fire. So when you guys are going crazy for pumpkin-flavoured cupcakes and apple crisp, I’m usually going camping and devouring s’more after s’more after s’more.
Like I said before, sorry I missed Friday’s post, but it
wasn’t really was totally my own fault. I usually make, photograph and then drink the drink on Thursday, ready to post on the blog on Friday. This Thursday I completely forgot one of the major ingredients and because it was a bank holiday, I couldn’t run to the store and buy more. Instead of fobbing you off with another lesser recipe, I decided to skip last Friday and save the delicious and indulgent drink recipe for next Friday. Seriously, stick around – you won’t want to miss it.
Do you compile lists of everything you wanna bake for a season? I usually do…but not until we’re halfway through a season. I start planning spring cookies in April, fall cakes in October and Christmas fudge in December. So it only stands to reason that I wait until last weekend to plan my summer baking. So be prepared to be overloaded with summer flavours – especially s’mores! – over the next couple of weeks!
Ooey-Gooey S’mores Brownies
for the brownies
- 5 squares baking chocolate
- 110 g butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the crust
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 170 g butter melted
for the topping
- homemade marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
for the crust
- Mix together the Graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until all the liquid has been absorbed. Press into an 8x8" tin which has been lined with parchment paper.
for the brownies
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave.
- Pour in the sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Fold in the flour and pour on top of the Graham cracker crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
for the marshmallow topping
- Cover the top in marshmallows and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the marshmallows have just turned golden. Don't let them burn! Alternatively use a kitchen blow torch to toast the marshmallows.
- Leave for 2-3 hours to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Here are the link parties I link up to. Come and party with me!