Looking for cocktail recipes that perfectly harmonise with the whole summer turning into fall/autumn thing that's going on right now? Then you've come to the right place! Instead of red wine like a normal sangria, this one is made with rosé wine and a selection of fruits which are in their prime at this time of year...or so I think. I'm not really that clued up when it comes to seasonal produce.
This is the first recipe for rose sangria that I've ever tried and I know it's early days, but I think I might be converted! There are loads of sangria recipes on Pink Recipe Box - Sparkling Summer Sangria, Fall Sangria and Frozen Sangria to name a few, but this is the very first rosé sangria and I definitely plan to introduce more in the future!
To an ordinary bottle of (cheap) rosé wine, I added the usual stuff that I normally add when making sangria - Sprite/7up and triple sec then really went all out when it came to the fruit. I strayed from the usual citrus flavours of oranges and lemons and instead went for summer-fall fruits, like peaches and raspberries. I also put limes in because...well, I just really like limes!
We're only one week into September and it seems like fall is already definitely upon us. Since Monday, the weather has been pretty overcast and grey here - still hot as anything though, strangely enough - and my Pinterest feed has been absolutely overflowing with pumpkin recipes and pumpkin spice recipes. I'm not ready for summer to end yet! We don't really get all four seasons here - we only get two. Hot and not quite so hot. So our version of fall is pretty dull. Although this rosé sangria certainly improves things.
How do you prefer your sangria? With red wine, white wine or rosé wine?
- 1 lime
- ½ fresh peach
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 1 bottle rosé wine 750ml
- ½ cup fizzy lemonade like Sprite or 7up
- ¼ cup triple sec
- Finely slice the lime into rounds and slice each of the rounds in half. Toss them into the serving jug.
- Chop the peach into small chunks and throw into the serving jug with the lime slices.
- Place the raspberries into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for around 30 seconds, or until the juice just starts to come out. Add the raspberries and the juice into the serving jug with the lime slices and peach chunks.
- Pour in the rosé wine, fizzy lemonade and triple sec. Stir well and serve.
Here are the link parties I link up to. Come and party with me!