One of the highlights of my work day is lunch, seriously. I hate being stuck in an office all day, the only noise in the room coming from a printer that never stops printing – it’s like the best worker in the office – so come lunch time, I’m outta here! I love love love sitting on my little bench and and completely forgetting about everything I’ve got to do for 30 minutes whilst I enjoy my lunch, the sunshine and my Kindle. How old do I sound?!
So to give myself something to look forward to during the work day, I spend a little extra time making a lunch I know I’m going to love! There’s nothing worse than settling down to eat when you’re starving and realising you’ve got the same soggy sandwich you’ve had for the whole week or leftovers from last weekend from a meal you didn’t like but feel guilty about wasting.
Luckily, I’ve come to save you from a world of dull, boring lunches with this hot and zingy skinny wrap! Yes I did say skinny and no, that stuff in the picture is not mayo – it’s not even light mayo. It’s one of my favorite ingredients that helps turn usual stuff skinny – it’s Greek Yogurt.
I’m not going to lie – if you’re an office worker and need to pack this lunch then it’s going to take a bit of time and effort to get the veggies ready, but it’s so so so worth it! See those long, crispy red peppers up there? Best thing ever! I’m pretty sure I roasted every last bit of nutritional value out of them, but they were so crispy and sweet – definitely worth it.
So next time you’ve got a three-hour meeting or you’re way behind on a deadline, enjoy this wrap for lunch! The meeting or deadline won’t disappear, but they will become a lot more bearable if you know you’ve got this in the fridge!
Skinny Beef Wrap with Lime Yogurt Sauce
- 1 tortilla
- 3 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- juice from 1/2 lime
- pinch chili powder cayenne pepper and salt
- few drops of hot sauce
- 1-2 slices thin of roast beef
- 1/4 in red pepper sliced strips
- 1/2 in tomato sliced rounds
- 1/4 in onion sliced rounds
- lettuce shredded
- Preheat the broiler and place the red pepper, tomato and onion under it until cooked to your desired taste. I love it when their super crispy!
- Meanwhile, mix together the Greek yogurt, lime juice, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and hot sauce. Spread evenly on the tortilla.
- Place the lettuce on top of the tortilla and add the roasted vegetables. Top with the slice of roast beef, roll it up and serve!
Here are the link parties I link up to.