How much do you love Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars? So much so that you'd happily gorge on them for breakfast? Then you're in luck! This recipe combines all the sweet, sugary deliciousness of the iconic coffee shop sweet treat with all the goodness of wholesome overnight oats to create a breakfast made in heaven you don't have to feel guilty about eating.
Although you get loads of themed desserts for every holiday going, you hardly get any festive breakfasts and I just don't think that's right. Breakfast is my most favourite meal of the day and I always try and keep it fun and interesting by switching my ordinary oatmeal recipes for seasonal specialities around the holidays.
I might have even been known to drop the odd Celebration, Roses or Quality Street chocolate in a bowl of oatmeal in the weeks leading up to Christmas. We all deserve a treat around the holidays, right?! If you've never stirred a mini Mars Bar into your oatmeal and watched it slowly melt into chocolate-y caramel-y gorgeousness, you're seriously missing out!
If the idea of loading up your morning oatmeal with chocolate and caramel is way to sickly for you, these Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars overnight oats will be much more your style. The oatmeal base is spiked with a wonderfully deep cinnamon flavor which works beautifully with the sweet and creamy white chocolate.
To cut through all the delicious richness, there are ruby-red fresh cranberries. Or frozen and then defrosted cranberries, which work just as well. This fantastic flavor combo means each spoonful is loaded with a variety of textures and flavors to really wake up your senses first thing in the morning!
Do you always make breakfast for your family on Christmas Day? Then you'll definitely want to save this recipe somewhere. For these Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars overnight oats, you do all the prep the night before and then simply serve the oats cold straight from the fridge. They really are the perfect quick, easy and fuss-free breakfast. Exactly the kind of recipe you need for Christmas morning!
- ½ cup rolled or quick oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or any other sweetener)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Greek or natural yogurt
- ⅓ cup skimmed milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips
- 10 fresh cranberries (or frozen and defrosted)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, yogurt and milk. Pour into a jar or container and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours to thicken.
- Top the oats with the white chocolate and cranberries and enjoy cold.
Pin these Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars Overnight Oats on Pinterest: