Rich, smooth, creamy and fruity – these strawberry cheesecake overnight oats in a jar taste just as good as the real deal, but without all the fat and sugar you usually get in a slice of cheesecake. Not only that, but these healthy overnight oats are loaded with goodness and nutrition so you can feel like you’re totally indulging whilst actually taking care of your body!
It’s no surprise that I love healthy overnight oats recipes that taste like dessert. I mean I currently have ten recipes for overnight oats in a jar on my blog (find them on the healthy breakfast recipes page) and I even wrote an ebook about them (which you get for free when you sign up for my newsletter). That’s some serious dedication there!
I’m always on the lookout for new flavour combos, so when the idea of combining my favourite breakfast, overnight oats, with my favourite dessert, strawberry cheesecake, I knew I was onto a winner from the start!
Okay, so there’s no sweet and buttery graham cracker crust in this recipe for strawberry cheesecake overnight oats, but does that really matter? When you’ve got a great big jar of wonderfully creamy vanilla-spiked cheesecake oats layered with sweet, juicy strawberries – I don’t think so!
I always add one tablespoon of organic chia seeds into my overnight oats because they’re loaded to the brim with nutrition, but you don’t have to use them. If you’re not using chia seeds, reduce the milk down from 1/3 cup to 1/4 cup. Chia seeds are super absorbers and if you don’t cut down on the milk, your oats will be floating in a jar of milk. And no one wants that.
I’m never one to turn down dessert, but you know what? I find that a half serving of these overnight oats makes the perfect afternoon snack or dessert! Half a portion comes in at less than 150 calories, is sweet enough to satisfy any sugar craving and is packed full of fiber so you’ll definitely feel full.
So your friends and family might look at you a bit weird if you’re tucking into a jar of overnight oats for dessert and they’re all eating cheesecake. But when it tastes just as good, who cares, right?
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 tablespoon organic chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon low-fat or fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup natural or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 large strawberries hulled and roughly chopped
- Place all the ingredients - except for the chopped strawberries - into a medium bowl and stir until everything is totally combined.
- Layer the overnight oat mixture into the jar with the strawberries. You can do as many layers as you like.
- Place in the fridge and leave for at least 4 hours to chill before eating.