All the richness, sweetness and pure yuminess of carrot cake captured into one delicious cookie, these hand-on-heart are the best ever carrot cake cookies. With only 60 calories per cookie and flexible options to make dairy-free and gluten-free variations, you'll be snacking on these healthy cookies all spring long, I betchya!
Click here to save the best ever healthy carrot cake cookies on Pinterest
Once again, I'm so, so glad my boyfriend hates carrot cake. If he didn't, I'd have to share this batch of what honestly is the best ever healthy carrot cake cookies. But luckily for me, he hates carrot cake. Which means I get to bang these cookies in the freezer, reheat one in the microwave every afternoon and tuck into pure carrot cake cookie bliss again and again.
As I mentioned last week, we've had awful weather for the past 2 months and my boyfriend has been renovating the guest bathroom. So not only do I get to be stuck indoors on my own 9-5 Monday to Friday, I also get to be stuck indoors on my own for every minute outside that time frame, too. So honestly, I'll take whatever kind of bliss I can get my hands on right now.
I know I say "The Best Ever..." a lot. But it's true! These really are the best ever healthy banana bread muffins. This really is the best ever skinny cheesecake. And these really are the best ever healthy carrot cake cookies! If you don't believe me, go into your kitchen and whip up a batch right now. I'll wait. I've got nowhere better to be.
See what I mean? I think it's the shredded coconut and the coconut butter that makes them so great. My local supermarket sells coconut butter, but it's pretty pricey. So much so that I added it to my Christmas list. Is that sad? Anyway, Santa delivered and this is the first time I've used it in baking.
The recipe card says this recipe for the best ever healthy carrot cake cookies makes 12 cookies, but that's a lie. It probably makes more like 13 or even possibly 14. But the cookie dough taste sooooo good that I couldn't help myself! That was definitely the coconut butter's fault. Coconut butter makes amazing cookie dough!
This cookie dough doesn't contain any raw eggs, so there's no harm done. Except to my future self who is going to have to go without 1-2 cookies because my past self was a greedy pig who couldn't leave the bowl alone. Future me should have really seen that one coming.
The Best Ever Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (you can substitute gluten-free flour)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tabespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter melted
- 2 tablespoons milk (you can use any kind of milk)
- 2.3oz/65g finely grated carrot
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a baking tray with a non-stick mat or parchment paper. Combine all the ingredients together in one bowl and stir until a dough forms.
- Evenly divide the mixture into 12 balls (it works out about 1 heaped tablespoon per cookie) and lay them out onto the lined baking tray. These cookies don't spread much, so gently press each one down to form a cookie shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 14 minutes, until they're just starting to turn golden brown and they're firm to the touch. Leave to cool on the baking tray until they reach room temperature then store inside an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Leave a Reply