This healthy mousse recipe is one of those recipes which are so easy and basic I'm almost embarrassed to post it...almost. But the minute I ate the very first spoonful of this off-the-cuff dessert I knew I had to share it with you the next chance I got. There was no way I could live with myself knowing I'd deprived you of such an insanely quick, easy, yummy and even healthy dessert! Okay, so I might be exaggerating a little, but that's just because I want you to know how great this mousse is!
I'm one of those people who eat little and often and when I need to eat, I need to eat right this very second. Seriously - even if I am out with a bunch of people, as soon I get hungry, I act like my life depends on finding a snack. I know, I'm dreadful company but thankfully I've got round this issue by constantly carrying snacks around in my handbag.
You'd think that would make me great company, but I refuse to share them because they're mine. Me and Joey from Friends have a lot in common when it comes to food! Of course, there are times when I haven't been to the shops or I haven't made a giant batch of snacks to get me through the week. Then what am I meant to eat when my body is telling me to shove something in my face right now?
That, my friends, is exactly how this recipe came about! I've usually got a two-minute window from feeling hungry to becoming an emotional wreck because I haven't eaten, which was just enough time to make this dessert. You know that I'm a huge fan of PB2 powder because you get all the incredible peanut butter flavour for hardly any of the calories. But stir it into a bowl of yogurt and something incredible happens. I don't know how, but PB2 turns yogurt into a light and fluffy mousse-like creation. Seriously - this dessert actually has those air bubbles you only get in mousse by whipping heavy cream and egg whites. But you won't find any of those ingredients in the mousse - just yogurt and PB2 powder!
I started off by swirling some chocolate spread into the peanut butter mousse which tasted incredible but certainly wasn't healthy. I knew it wouldn't be the same by just dropping in some chocolate chips, so I created a healthy chocolate swirl out of coconut butter, milk, cocoa powder and stevia powder. I'm just going to throw it in there that yes, you can taste the coconut in the chocolate swirl. So if you're not a fan of coconut, I'd recommend just melting down some dark chocolate and stirring that in instead.
Two-Minute Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
- ½ cup plain yogurt (natural fat-free sugar-free or Greek yogurt are best)
- 1 tablespoon PB2 powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon skimmed milk
- ½ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon stevia powder
- In a small serving bowl or ramekin, stir together the yogurt and PB2 powder. Make sure the powder is fully combined with the yogurt and there are no dry pockets. Set to one side.
- Spoon the coconut butter into a tiny bowl or egg cup and melt in the microwave for 1 minute or until it becomes a liquid.
- Stir in the milk, cocoa powder and stevia powder. This is your healthy chocolate swirl!
- Dollop small bits of the chocolate swirl into the peanut butter yogurt mix until you've used it all up.
- Use a spoon to swirl the chocolate into the yogurt and enjoy.