Caramel Apple Pie Overnight Oats
The perfect fall breakfast, these healthy overnight oats are brimming with fall flavours. Cinnamon, apple and caramel combine into one delicious autumn dish.
- ½ apple
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon separated into 2
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup fat-free sugar-free yoghurt you can use a vegan alternative
- ⅓ cup skimmed milk you can use a vegan alternative
- 2 tablespoons caramel you can use a vegan alternative
Peel, core and halve the apple. Put one half aside and cut the remaining half into small chunks. Place in a microwave-safe container and toss with ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, until all the apple chunks are coated.
Cook the apple chunks in the microwave for 2 minutes, until soft.
In a container with a lid, stir together the oats, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, yoghurt and milk.
Top with the cooked apple chunks and a drizzle of caramel.
Pop the lid on the container, place in the fridge and leave to chill for at least 4 hours for the oats to soften.