If you’ve ever tried chia seed pudding before and were seriously disappointed in the results, I can totally relate! I jumped onto the whole chia seed bandwagon a couple of years ago and eat them every day – usually by sprinkling them on top of my oatmeal. I think they’re pretty great, so I thought for sure that I was going to love the chia seed pudding recipes that seemed to be making the rounds on Pinterest. But…no. Just no.
Every chia seed pudding recipe I tried – up until this one, of course! – had that horrible tapioca-like texture and tasted really bland and watery. Definitely not something you expect when it comes to pudding, right? So when I came across How Sweet it is’ recipe for Whipped Double Chocolate Chip Chia Seed Pudding, I was more than a little intrigued! After leaving all the ingredients to soak to give the chia seeds time to absorb the liquid, Jessica threw everything into a blender to create a smooth texture. Since the only thing I make in my blender nowadays is margaritas, I thought I’d make a similar version, but in my Nutribullet.
Oh my word – what a difference it makes to grind down the chia seeds in chia seed pudding! After leaving my ingredients to chill in the fridge to thicken then scooping them into the Nutribullet, it took this magic machine just seconds to blend everything into a smooth and creamy consistency there is no way you’d get with an ordinary blender!
After experimenting making homemade peanut butter in the Nutribullet and double chocolate chia seed pudding in there too, I’m finding out there is so much more to this kitchen appliance than just smoothies and juices. I know a lot of people say it, but it’s honestly true – if you want to be healthy and enjoy more nutritious food and drinks, you really need to get yourself a Nutribullet! This Magic Bullet Nutribullet is the exact one that I own so I can totally endorse it 100%.
Vegetarian – high in fiber – low-calorie – gluten-free
- 1/2 cup fat-free sugar-free natural yogurt
- 3/4 cup skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 vanilla bean beans scraped
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate
- Stir all the ingredients - except the chopped up dark chocolate - together in a small container.
- Place in the fridge and leave for 2 hours to thicken.
- Scoop out the pudding into your Nutribullet and blend for a few seconds, until all the ingredients have been totally broken down.
- Scoop the pudding back into the container and place in the fridge for another hour to thicken again.
- To serve, divide the pudding between 2 ramekins and sprinkle the chopped dark chocolate on top.
Adapted from How Sweet it is