Nutty, flavourful crisp breads smothered in a rich and sweet cheesecake mix and topped with fresh, juicy strawberries. These healthy strawberry cheesecake breakfast toasts are the closest thing you’ll get to eating a great big slice of strawberry cheesecake for breakfast whilst still being healthy!
Do you always wake up in the morning with a sweet tooth? I do. That’s why I eat some kind of sweet oatmeal every morning for breakfast (I currently cannot get enough of these lemon raspberry overnight oats!) and hit the sweet pastry, yogurt and fruit section whenever we’re at a hotel buffet. If I could get away with eating cheesecake for breakfast every day while still being able to fit into my shorts, I totally would. But until that dream becomes reality, I’ll happily opt for these healthy breakfast toasts.
The crisp bread base for these healthy breakfast toasts might not be a delicious buttery graham cracker crumb base, but it’s still pretty good! I use these Wasa multi-grain crisp breads because they’re low-calorie (only 50 calories each!) they’re wonderfully crispy, they’ve got the most amazing nutty, whole wheat flavour and they’re loaded fibre to keep you full all morning.
The cheesecake filling is super quick and simple, made from just four basic ingredients: cream cheese, yogurt, sweetener and vanilla extract. If you use a sweet vanilla yogurt, you can get rid of the sweetener and vanilla and make the filling with just cream cheese and yogurt! Whoever said there’s not enough time to make cheesecake on a weekday morning clearly had no idea what they were talking about.
I went with a basic sliced strawberry topping for these healthy breakfast toasts. I mean, everyone loves strawberry cheesecake, right? But you can mix it up and top your toasts with whatever you’ve got to hand. Kiwi, blueberries, banana…peanut butter, cashew butter, Nutella…chia seed jam, chia seed marmalade, caramel…the possibilities are endless!
What are you going to top your healthy breakfast toasts with?
Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Toasts
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sugar-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Truvia powder or any other zero-calorie sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole wheat crisp breads I use these Wasa multi-grain crisp breads
- 12 medium-size strawberries
- In a small bowl beat together the cream cheese, yogurt, Truvia powder and vanilla extract. Spread onto the crisp breads.
- Slice the strawberries horizontally into rounds.
- Layer the strawberry rounds on top of the cheesecake mix and eat immediately.